After the huge success of the previous regional events dedicated to Sardinia and Puglia, IKIS has chosen another great and culturally rich region: Veneto.
Veneto is a perfect connection point between Italy and Norway. First of all because of some of its geographical aspects (lakes, parks and mountains) that influence the life and the mood of those who live there. Moreover, Veneto has a strong food tradition with some recipes based on stockfish (tørrfisk) from Norway.
The event is part of the roadshow "Under the Sign of Excellence", organised by the Italian Embassy in Norway, and we are very pleased to confirm that the Italian Ambassador himself, Giorgio Novello, will join us for the event.
During the night you will have of course also the possibility to taste a range of typical foods and a selection of wines from the wine producer ADAMI (http://www.adamispumanti.it/).
For a full-day immersion into Italy, you are also welcome to attend a conference organised by the Dante Alighieri Society, which will be before the Veneto Night, at a different location. For details of that event, please check: https://www.facebook.com/DanteStavanger/.
Registration for Veneto Night is obligatory, and is opened to IKIS members first. Registration for non-members will be opened from 12th October, subject to availability.
Program of the event:
- 18.30 – Doors open. Welcome aperitif "Spritz" and snacks
- 19:00 – Introduction speech of the Italian Ambassador Giorgio Novello
- 19:15 - Tasting of typical regional starters, along with wines from ADAMI
- 19:30 - Presentation of the Veneto region - Riccardo Momoli
- 19:45 - Eno-gastronomic trip of Veneto – ADAMI S.r.l.
- 20:00 - Tasting of risotto with sausage and radicchio, served with Ripasso della Valpolicella wine
- 20:30 - The gastronomic stockfish route to Veneto - Terje Inderhaug, Senior Advisor for Hordaland County
- 20:45 - Tasting of Baccalà alla Vicentina, served with wines from ADAMI
- 21:15 - Veneto today – Simonetta Sinigaglia Haagensen
- 21:30 - Regional dessert, with coffee and grappa
The event is open only to adults. Dress code Business Casual. Please mention in your registration if you have any food allergies.