In collaboration with the Sandnes Kulturhus we are proud to present the "Operacafeen" with the Italian singers Michela Varvaro and Fabio Serani. Musical accompaniment by pianist Stefan Ibsen Zlatanos.
Varvaro, educated in L'Aquila and Milan, made her debut as Rosina in the Barber. Serani, who is educated from the "Santa Cecilia" Conservatory in Rome, has performed in a number of opera roles, including Cavaradossi in Tosca. Both Varvaro and Serani have sung on small and large scenes far beyond Italy's borders. They have put together a wide Italian repertoire for us, both with chamber music, Neapolitan songs, operas and duets.
The host of the Operacafeen is Kjartan Thu
Organizers: Sandnes Operakor and Sandnes Arts and Culture House, with support from Opera Rogaland and Sandnes municipality.
After the show we will have the great opportunity to chat with the singers during a delicious latin buffet at Sabor Latino (Julie Eges Gate 8, 4306 Sandnes).
Menu with 5 different types of finger food:
- Tequeños - Fried breaded white cheese. Served with Sabor Latino aioli.
- Empanadas chilenas - Traditional Chilean pie filled with tasty minced beef. Served with Pebre sauce (tomato and oregano).
- Arepas - Flat round unleavened pie of corn flour, gluten-free. Filled with chicken, avocado and homemade mayonnaise.
- Ceviche - Cod ceviche cured in lemon with explosions of flavours.
- Mostachon - Walnuts cake, topped with creamy cheese sauce, kiwi and strawberries with chili.
We expect one of the most cultural and multiethnic event ever organized by IKIS, don't miss it!